Organic Creamed Coconut Block
- Organic produce.
- Creamed coconut made from the finest organic coconuts.
- Made from 100% pure organic coconut and nothing else.
- No preservatives or anything like that.
- Grate or slice into sweet or savoury dishes.
- Dissolve in warm water to make a convenient alternative to coconut milk.
- Use in Thai, Indian and Caribbean cuisine, baking and desserts.
- Use in most recipes that require coconut milk or blended coconut.
- 200g block.
Creamed coconut gives a rich, creamy flavour to curries, cakes, biscuits and desserts. It is solid but soft and can be grated, sliced, chopped, melted and dissolved. It is easy to add creamed coconut into a meal toward the end of cooking - simply stir in. Creamed coconut is a convenient alternative to coconut milk, because you don't have to open a whole can if you only want a small amount.
Creamed coconut can usually be used in place of fresh coconut in many dishes including Thai and Indian dishes. It can also be used when making chutneys, or in fact in most recipes that require coconut, coconut cream or coconut milk. It has a handy thickening effect on sauces, and is as flavoursome as fresh coconut.
NB: A degree of separation will occur in the packet. This is perfectly normal, natural and does not affect the quality of the product.
- In Thai curries: Use around 50g to 100g of this block. Chop into pieces and simply stir into the cooking pan. For best flavour, it is best to add the coconut towards the end of cooking so as not to overcook the coconut.
- To make coconut milk: Chop creamed coconut into pieces and place in a saucepan. Cover with boiling water and heat gently, stirring for around 10 minutes until the pieces are dissolved. You will now have a creamy coconut milk. Use in sauces, desserts and drinks.
- Coconut ice-cream: Make coconut ice-cream by making coconut milk (as above), then pour into a tub. Add vanilla and a little honey or syrup, before freezing for 1 hour. Remove from the freezer and churn with a fork before freezing again. Repeat several times until the ice-cream is frozen.
Creamed coconut is made by blending fresh coconut and pressing it into a solid block. If the block is too hard to cut, it can be gently warmed. This will melt the natural oils and allow for easier cutting.